This is a very basic example of the compliance module of Netshot.
Let's assume you want your IOS-XR devices to be named xr0 to xr9. You can enforce this by adding a text rule.
- Go to the Compliance section.
- If you haven't created any policy yet, click on Create policy..., give it a name, and choose a device group the policy will apply to.
- Click on + (on the right of the policy) to add the rule.
- Give the rule a name, e.g. “XR device naming”, select Simple text rule and click Add.
- Click on Edit content and fill as shown in the picture below. You can test the rule on a selected device.
- Click Save.
- Don't forget to enable the rule by clicking on the wrench button and checking the Enabled box.